Friday, July 22, 2011

Strawberry and Mixed Green Salad - Foodie Friday

Every Friday I'm going to try to post something about food - whether it be a recipe, a favorite snack, or a restaurant review. So here's my first Foodie Friday... Strawberry and Mixed Green Salad!

I first tried this salad when my mom made it for a get together. The ingredients sounds strange but it is really good! My husband loves salad but wasn't a fan of this recipe because of the fruit in it. On the other hand, I'm kind of "eh" on salad in general, but I love this salad!

Strawberry and Mixed Green Salad

Ingredients:
1 bag of mixed greens
chopped strawberries
1 yellow pepper, chopped
1 apple, chopped
nuts (optional, I dislike nuts in salad so I left them out.)
shredded carrot (optional)
shredded cheese (optional, my mom puts cheese in hers but I leave it out.)

And if you can find it - Brianna's Blush Wine Vinagerette Dressing - it is amazing with this salad!

Toss everything together and enjoy! The fruit adds enough sweetness and flavor so you don't absolutely need dressing.


Yup, that would be my Caffeine-free Coke! At least I'm eating salad, right? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment