Saturday, July 23, 2011

Google Web Fonts

As a web developer, I'm always on the look-out for the latest and greatest. CSS-based websites are my passion and specialty. Give me a good design (I used to do designs but don't anymore) and I'll sit down and code a site for you. Before kids came along, I would put on headphones with my favorite music, surround myself with junk food and code for hours. I love it!

I'm so excited about Google Web Fonts. Clients almost always go for the glitziest of web designs. But in the web world - accessibility is everything. Fun fonts are a nice touch to websites but could only be done in graphic form so we were limited to using them in mastheads, web buttons and images. Now, with Google Web Fonts, we can use them in the actual text and content of websites.

How far web development has come! I'm excited to see what comes out next.

No comments:

Post a Comment