Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Crayon Folio

My oldest daughter loves to draw and color and I'm constantly on the look-out for cute ways for her to tote her crayons and paper around.

I made a Crayon Folio the other day using a tutorial from Gingercake. It was included with another tutorial/pattern I purchased from her. The fabric is some leftovers I borrowed from my mother. She has a large stash of fabric and I go "shopping" there quite often. I'm NOT a perfect sewer so there are some flaws. But overall, I was pleased with the outcome. It would be cute with a name or initial appliqued on it.

I was happy with the pattern. It not only included a tutorial with pictures, but also a pattern that you can actually cut out. The pattern showed where to mark the velcro and crayon pocket stitches - which made it rather easy for a beginner like me! The finished folio is about the size of a large wallet.

These are camera pictures so not the best quality but you should get the gist:

 


Add a small pad of paper, stickers and crayons and your little one is all set. Perfect for throwing in my purse to run an errand!

No comments:

Post a Comment